Pracownia Tańca PRYZMAT [Dance Studio "Pryzmat"] is a creative group established as part of the ARToffNIA Dance and Arts Foundation.
The group is made up by people for whom contemporary dance remains a chief means of communication. The ensemble continuously looks for new and uncommon initiatives, driven by experiments and formal fusion, and founded on experience and a search for its own method of stage expression.
The company was founded in 2007 by Katarzyna Grabińska who has been its artistic supervisor and choreographer.
Activities pursued by PRYZMAT are based on:
- repertoire implemented through original performances and interdisciplinary projects
- engagements in artistic projects, and meetings with other representatives of the dance milieu
*cyclical meetings OTWARTA SCENA TAŃCA [OPEN DANCE STAGE],
*artistic summer project for children and youth Projekt LATO [SUMMER Project], including Lato przez Pryzmat tańca i sztuk różnych 2013 [Summer through the prism of dance and other arts] read more,
-educational activities: the company implements a dance education project intended for children, youth and adults, constructed to encourage both beginners and experienced dancers, regardless of their age. The program is aimed to educate a group of versatile dancers.
Pracownia Tańca PRYZMAT recruits the future dancers of its repertoire group from those who participate in its respective courses.
Apart from that, the classes held by PRYZMAT include independent stage productions for the members of each group.
Major productions and achievements:
- Participation in the performance of Amahl and the Night Visitors at the Warmia and Mazury Philharmonic in Olsztyn (directed by Janusz Kijowski, choreographed by Katarzyna Grabińska and Tatiana Asmolkova, conducted by Piotr Sułkowski) – December 2014
- Production of Polish-Spanish performance I see a spider (directed by Mireia de Querol, Cecilia Colacrai, Anna Rubirola) PRYZMAT’s residence in Barcelona – summer 2014
- Participation in the performance of Hansel and Gretel at the Warmia and Mazury Philharmonic (directed by Włodzimierz Nurowski, choreographed by Katarzyna Grabińska, conducted by Piotr Sułkowski) – May 2014
- Production of original performance The Selfies (choreographed by Katarzyna Grabińska), premiere: Scena Margines, Stanisław Jaracz Theatre in Olsztyn – March 2014
- Implementation of the project Księżyc w poetyce Pink Floyd [The Moon in the Aesthetics of Pink Floyd] at the Olsztyn Planetarium and Astronomical Observatory – 2013
- Artistic installation O obrotach [On the Revolutions] together with DJ Clicktime (Olsztyn) and VJs Justyna Aulak and Justyna Jakubósek (Łódź), choreographed by Katarzyna Grabińska
- Interdisciplinary project implemented in collaboration with artists based in the Warmia region – installation BOHEMA PÓŁNOCY[Bohemians of the North] – Inter Poezja 2012
- Participation in The Nutcracker (choreography to the Snowflakes Dance) staged at the Warmia and Mazury Philharmonic in 2012 and 2013
- Presentation of the O obrotach installation at the Stage International De Danse festival in Paris, France (2013),
- Production of three performances with Olsztyn-based musicians Elżbieta and Andrzej Mierzyński
- Presentation of open/close and Tuż za rogiem czai się pustka [Emptiness lurks right around the corner] at the European Days of Street Art – BRUK Festival (2011, 2012)
- Awards for dramatic development, movement direction and stage personality at the 12th National Dance Confrontations in Bydgoszcz in 2012
- Mayor of the City of Olsztyn Award (2011) for Katarzyna Grabińska for artistic achievements
- Talent of the Year (2010) award in the category “Terpsichore – Dance” presented to Katarzyna Grabińska by the chapter of Fundacja Środowisk Twórczych