Operating in Bytom since the end of the Second World War, the Silesian Opera had its own ballet group right from its very beginnings. The first post-war presentation of 1921 Różycki’s ballet Pan Twardowski took place on the stage of the opera. Today, the ballet group of the Silesian Opera consists of 14 female and 10 male dancers, including 8 coryphaei and 8 soloists. The group collaborates with the students of the Secondary Ballet School in Bytom. The theatre has a stage in the Art Noveau building at pl. Sikorskiego and the auditorium for 400 people. Currently, the repertoire of the Silesian Opera consists of 7 performances.
The head of the ballet group is Olga Kozimala-Kliś and the head of the Opera is Tadeusz Serafin. The Silesian Opera is a Silesian provincial culture institution.